Thursday, February 5, 2015

Creative Eye- Review of Sew A Modern Home

Creative Eye Thursday

Sew A Modern Home
by Melissa Lunden

 Martingale, 2014; used by permission. Photos by Brent Kane. All rights reserved

What a fun book. As I looked through all the possible projects to work on, I was HONESTLY drawn to all of them.  Each quilt, pillow, project was totally up my alley style wise.  The designs are smart, creative, clean, and the fabrics are perfect.

What will you find in this little gem?
Pillows
Small Quilts
Bed Quilts
Table Runners
Fun Little Fabric Creatures

Deciding which one I wanted to try out was a little hard, it was between these two quilts below. 


Girls Room, Melissa Lunden, Martingale, 2014; used by permission. Photos by Brent Kane. All rights reserved
Dining Room, Melissa Lunden, Martingale, 2014; used by permission. Photos by Brent Kane. All rights reserved

But, when it came down to it, I loved the Girls Room quilt.  And I may have failed on my mission here to show you something totally different.  I just loved what the quilt maker/author did, and I couldn't go totally different.  So, I changed it up a little bit.  

Here's mine.  I used some fabric from way back when my Noah was still just waiting for arrival.  It may be an oldie, but it's a goodie.  So maybe mine should be called boys room?  Such a cute quilt, and the instructions were easy to read, and the quilt was easy to put together.  



What colors, fabrics would you use? Bright reds? Kaffe Fassett fabrics?  Black background, with light neutrals?    I'd love to hear what you'd love to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment