Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sew...it's ART.

Remember a while back, I posted about this


and this...


and this?


Well, now we are asking for more help to further the cause.

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and as such I am a member of the Relief Society organization.    Our purpose of Relief Society is to provide support to those in need....it doesn't matter where they live, they could be neighbors, or live in distant lands.  We simply want to lift the weary hands that hang down (Hebrews 12:12).

As part of our efforts to help others in need, we have organized a project called Sew...it's Art.    We are working to provide wall hangings for orphanages and institutions around the world.  On Saturday, March 10, 2012 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the LDS church building  at 939 W. Chapala Drive there will be an exhibition showing all the great wallhangings, after which the quilts will be sent off to their new homes.

  We would LOVE to see your wallhangings join ours.

YES, I am asking you to contribute to the fun.  Go to the Sew..it's Art website, and follow the instructions on how to make the wallhanging.  Nothing could be simpler.  Plus, there are so many that will benefit from your generosity. Not only will orphans from around the world get to see something beautiful, but you have the chance to learn a new skill.  Maybe there is a new method you would like to try out?  Maybe you want to work on your binding skills?  Maybe you have always wanted to tackle curved piecing....maybe it is machine applique?  Whatever you want to learn, try it out on this small canvas.  Not only will your skills improve, but your heart will grow in size as well.

I know as I put aside my own to do list, and help others, magically I am blessed.  I  find time to get work for others done, as well as the things on my list.  The small things I have done to help others, blesses me much more than I bless others.  I am constantly in debt to a loving Heavenly Father, who wants to bless the efforts I make to serve Him.  

I hope you will join me in this effort.  It's a small thing, but will mean so much to those for whom you do it.    When you are ready to send it, you can send it to me.  Just email, and I will let you know my address.   

PLEASE read the guidelines page before you start.  A couple key guidelines are:

quilt any size between 18"x18" and 40"x40"
NO fabrics with WORDS, LETTERS, FLAGS, RELIGIOUS, OR MILITARY THEMES 
(as this is going to many different countries and religious organizations)

THANKS for being willing to help in this cause!  

1 comment:

  1. You know what's funny...I saw those wall hangings in the pile and thought to myself, "Those are Sarah Bisel worthy!" They were yours! Thanks for being already on the ball with this. I still haven't made mine, yet, but I'm working on it. It probably won't be "Sarah Bisel" quality! Thanks again! =Becky

    ReplyDelete