Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Book Review of Urban Country Quilts

by Jeanne Large and Shelley Wicks

The cover quilt on this book is so super duper cute.   Check it out here.   I love it. I want to make it right now.  It is totally my style.  As I thumb through the pages of the book, there isn't one quilt that I don't like.  That is saying something!  All of these quilts are cute and fun.  They are traditional with a twist of modern that appeals to this young (ish) quilter.

There are patterns to make a variety of sizes of quilts, wool wall art, and pillow cases.  I love that there are a bunch of patterns to choose from, and I like all the instructions.  I really enjoyed learning how to frame the applique patterns.  I have been wondering how to do my own framing for awhile, and now I have the information I need.   ya hoo!  I love having good information.

No comments:

Post a Comment