Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Hem those jeans

I found this fun and EASY way to hem levi's this summer at a family retreat.  I actually just overheard this way of hemming jeans, so I may do it a little different....and that is okay.

Step  1.  Measure - figure out where you want your jeans to fall.  You'll figure out how to measure once you read the whole tutorial.


Step 2:  Sew -   now sew along the folded edge....just like the picture below.


Step 3 - hey, do the other leg too...


Step 4 - this is how the inside of your pants should look.  YES, you could use matching thread, but I thought you might want to see the thread....also I am too lazy to change the bobbin thread.  


Step 5-   Now,  place the fold on the inside of the pant leg, so you can see the original hemmed pant leg.


Step 6 - tack the fold down.  I sewed along the seam edge just to the top of the fold.  Please, secure your stitches.


You are done!  Sew easy  (ha ha ha).  Seriously, I like this method because there is no cutting, nothing permanent, and it can be done in about 5 minutes.  That is my kind of project.  Happy Sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment