Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Not Dead....yet

I got a little something in the mail that reminded me that I am a quilter.  A couple books from Martingale always brighten my day.    I have been fighting Bronchitis the last couple weeks, and it has seriously kicked my booty.    But, I am counting my blessings, it is not pneumonia, and I have a great man who takes good care of me.  I am blessed.




The Big Book of Patchwork: 50 Fabulous Quilts by Judy Hopkins (That Patchwork Place)During dinner last night, I started thumbing through the pages.  I have to say, I love that there are 50 quilts to choose from.  I also love that these are classics.  Clearly, my style is a little different from Judy Hopkins (I hope so, I am a different person after all), but I could see these patterns made with  my fabrics, my personality, my touch.  That is the mark of a great pattern, one that can fit spunky modernists, and beautiful classicists alike!  


Go check it out on amazon.






All-Time Favorite Scrap Quilts from That Patchwork Place

Do you have lots of little pieces to play with?  A bunch of left overs?  You need a reason to get quilting?  This book has the inspiration you are looking for.  The patterns offered are just what the quilting Dr. ordered.  You will love the complicated patterns requiring lots of little pieces, as well as some easier patterns to whip up in a weekend.  Want to see more, go check out the images on amazon.




Now that you know I am not dead, how are you all doing?  Is spring treating you well?  Is there something you wish you knew how to make?  How to use?  I'm here to serve!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are doing better!

    :) Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete