Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Red Dirt Retreats rocked...

I have been waiting to post about Red Dirt Retreats because I was waiting for my photos....


You know me, I am the smart woman who took a bunch of photos (with my point and shoot, I was too scared to bring DSLR), and then left the camera there.  Yes, I am one big smarty pants.


So, I still don't have the photos, but the camera has been located and it will arrive shortly.


Yet, I have to share.  Arriving at Red Dirt Retreats, I came to amazing accommodations just an hour outside of Moab (La Sal, UT).  It was gorgeous.  We were totally secluded.  Not a soul in the world around, just a bear (I never saw it, just heard....), plenty of deer, and a very friendly cat.  Peaceful, beautiful, and for those of us who care....COOL.  It was perfect for me.  I needed a breath of fresh, clean, and COOL air. Ahhhhh.


As soon as I arrived, I had a class to teach.  Yep, I was a little nervous to teach everyone.  But, it was fun and wonderful.  Everyone was ready to learn, and laugh, and get silly.  After classes were over, we of course, had to eat.


HOT DOG!....No we didn't have hot dogs, but boy was the food amazing.  And I mean amazing.  Seriously, everything was homemade, beautiful, healthy, from the garden, and plentiful.  None of us were going to go hungry.  Krista (our host, and my beloved cousin), was constantly in the kitchen making our stay better than we could possibly imagine.  She made our weekend perfect!


That is how the weekend was spent.  Enjoying the splendor of nature, quilting, learning, and not having to worry about a thing.  Meals were prepared and handed to us when we were ready, friends were ready to be made, and the deer happily ate the leaves on the trees surrounding our dwelling.


If you live anywhere close to Southeastern UT, you have got to schedule a retreat.  You will thank your lucky stars you did.


***Have a family reunion you want to plan....it sleeps over 40 people.  Contact Hidden Oaks Lodge.

No comments:

Post a Comment