Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Birthday Quilt - Revisited



I made this "funky" birthday quilt while at Red Dirt Retreats.  It was so fun for me to play with different colors, fabrics, etc.  I love that one pattern can look so different depending on color, types of fabrics, and methods used.

So, how is this different?

Clearly, the fabrics are totally different.  I went from calm and clean, to funky and wild.  The colors, are different too, focusing mostly on greens and blues.  But another difference is the cake.....the first one is made from wools.  Ahhhh, I love wool.   But, this time, I used raw edge applique, and wild fabrics to make the cake.  I love it. 

So, which is your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. I like them both a lot, but think I'm still partial to the original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a difference!! I love them both but since my fave color is green (and I really love it paired with blue) I'm gonna have to say I like the new one just a little bit better :)

    ReplyDelete