Monday, August 30, 2010

Charming Gardens.....



Saturday morning I spent the day with some of my favorite ladies.   We spent the day learning, sewing, pressing, and laughing.  I can't tell you how much I love to teach people how to quilt.  I love it.  I love seeing someone go from scared of quilting to empowered.  It's one of the best feelings ever, to share something I love with someone else.

So, here is the first quilt top finished.  I got the picture on Saturday night...
go Katie, you worked hard, and you did it!
  
I love how this pattern works so well with any charm pack.  It looks yummy, no matter what!  I also love that I have planted a love of "good" fabric in my friends hearts.  It's always nice to be addicted to the same things.

Go quilt today!

2 comments:

  1. I helped a friend learn to quilt this summer and I can totally understand the empowered part. I'm also glad I have a fellow fabric-holic to share my finds with. I really love the flower appliques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work with middle schoolers on making quilts for nursing homes. This pattern will make a great project. thank you

    ReplyDelete