Monday, March 1, 2010

Tuesday Tutorial v.1

Simple Knot

Recently my ward spent an evening tying quilts, and since we were tying knots, the subject came up. I showed many of the women this simple way to tie a knot, and I was surprised to find that none of them had seen this method. Since then, I have wondered how many people would benefit from some simple knowledge.


I know there are questions many crafters have about various methods of doing tasks, but may feel "stupid" asking them. I hope you will all feel comfortable asking these questions to me, and to each other.

Here's a video of me tying this simple knot. There's no sound, so don't worry about hearing anything.

Directions:
Holding the threaded needle in your right hand, and the end of the thread in your left hand, wind the thread around the needle at least 4 times (more times=bigger knot). Keeping the thread tightly wound, hold the needle and the wound thread firm as you push the needle through the thread, until you form a knot.

Please feel free to ask any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment