Friday, August 28, 2009

Baby Quilts

Fabric line: Arcadia

This quilt is similar to a quilt I just made for my friend. I had extra fabric and thought I would whip up one for Noah since I loved the fabric so much. No fabric line, just bunches of greens and blues.

There is another quilt made from the Arcadia fabric, which I am too lazy at this moment to take a picture of... but imagine a larger quilt in a totally different pattern, and a brown fuzzy back. Yum. The kids love that quilt, and are asking me to make them one (hmmm, probably not right now). I loved making these quilts, it is so fun to prepare for a little one! The fuzzy brown back was not my favorite, quilting on that minkee is not a blessing...and the fuzzies cover the house more than I would like. I worked like a dickens' at then end of the process just to rid myself of all the fuzz. Now it is bound and perfect, and there is nary a brown fuzz in my house.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

nesting 2

In the book there is a pattern for some super cute burp cloths. I made a ton, and then I sent them off to the publisher. Now, that I have a month to get ready for little Noah, and I want to do lots of quilts, and other fun homemade things, I decided to simplify my burp cloths, and make them sans fun wool applique. After I finished making all these burp rags, I think I counted 20+ burp cloths. Hmmm, slightly more than I think I might need. Bj laughed at me, and then we decided it would be a great idea to start a "baby gifts" pile, that I can draw from when needed.

I made two with fabric covering the whole front of the burp cloth, and one which covers the end of the front and back. For the two sided burp cloth I used this tutorial...

Yesterday I came down with a less than pleasant cold. I spent the day in bed (compliments of all my kiddos being in school). Can I tell you, this little baby spent the day moving, grooving, and kicking me all day. All his moving reminded me that he really is coming, and soon. As each day passes, I get more and more excited to meet him. To know him, to cuddle him, and to get my body back (yes, I miss being able to lay flat on my back). So, each of these fun nesting projects brings me one day closer to using them on my sweet little Noah.

Monday, August 3, 2009


After I got this little "book" done, I have been busily nesting. The plan is to give you a couple of my nesting ideas in the next few posts.

Today's is a boppy slipcover. I found the instructions here. I made the pattern differently, by putting the zipper in the seam, instead of making it on the top/bottom of the boppy (I thought it would be more comfortable that way). This pattern took me about 30 minutes to prepare, and then about 1 hour to actually sew. I love that I got to choose the fabric (from my happy stash of fabric), and that I didn't have to pay a billion dollars for the moderately cute boppy covers the manufacturer prepares.

Now I am off to work on these.....